DanieBlog - What is the time management method Pomodoro? In this article, I will show you an effective way to manage time. This method helps you improve your work efficiency and manage your time wisely.
What is method Pomodoro?
Pomodoro (Pomodoro Technique) is a time management methodology to maximize the focus of work introduced by Francesco Cirillo, CEO of an Italian software company in 1980.
In Italian Pomodoro means tomato – The reason is that Francesco Cirillo used a tomato clock to track time when creating this method …
Most people work poorly because of distraction. If you are doing something and have something else in between, you will need at least 15 minutes to focus again.
In 1980, as a student, Francesco Cirillo noticed that the focus often dropped sharply after a period of time, and that it was difficult to focus on the lessons. He then introduced a short rest period between sessions, usually 25 minutes per session, and referred to this method as Pomodoro. These short sessions are called the Pomodori (plural of Pomodoro).
The steps make a Pomodoro
- Decide what the job will do.
- Set the timer for the Pomodoro session (traditionally 25 minutes for a Pomodoro).
- Focus on a single task until the Pomodoro alarm goes off.
- A short 3 – 5 minutes between the Pomodoro.
- After 4 sessions of Pomodoro, take a longer break from 15 to 30 minutes.
The principle of Pomodoro
- In 1 Pomodoro, if you are forced to interrupt then Pomodori will be recalculated from the beginning. No 1/2 or 2/3 Pomodoro.
- Focus only on one thing at 100% of the time.
- If the job is done before Pomodoro finishes, you need to spend the rest of the time checking and optimizing the job until the end of the Pomodoro.
Software support Pomodoro
I am a Linux user, I will suggest you a simple and useful software when you want to use the Pomodoro technique.
Read more: Why i choose Linux instead of Windows?
It’s Tomate. This software works well on Linux operating systems like: Ubuntu, Linux Mint…
If you are using an Android phone, you can try using the Pomodoro Timer Lite application. I have not used this app ever but with over 500,000 installs, I think it’s a good app.
This is the first article I have tried to complete in a Pomodoro, ie within 25 minutes. You try this method immediately, I think it will be very helpful for you.
Reference source from this site.If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.
If you appreciate what we share in this blog, you can support us by:
- Stay connected to: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube
- Subscribe email to recieve new posts from us: Sign up now.
- Start your own blog with SSD VPS - Free Let's Encrypt SSL ($2.5/month).
- Become a Supporter - Make a contribution via PayPal.
- Support us by purchasing Ribbon Lite Child theme being using on this website.
We are thankful for your support.