DanieBlog - Okey, this article is a small tip to guide you how to change Start icon menu in Linux Mint.
Change Start menu icon with custom image
To do this, we will do the following.
Download an image
First, download an image with the icon you want to go to your computer. For example, I will go to Google and search for the following keyword.
Why did I choose PNG images, because these images often have transparent background.
I selected a 512×512 image and saved it to my computer, you can choose a different size image, as long as it is square.
Recommended Reading: How to switch workspaces quickly in Linux Mint
For example, I will save the image to the Pictures folder on my computer.
Enable and change Start menu icon
Now, you right click on Start menu icon and choose
Configure... like the image below.
A window will appear.
In the image above, we just need to change 3 options in the
- Use a custom icon: click ON.
- Icon: point to the PNG image we downloaded earlier.
- Text: leave blank.
Then close the window and done.
With only two very simple steps, you can change the icon menu optionally with any image you like. You can turn it into a typical MacOS icon or penguin image of Linux.If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.
If you appreciate what we share in this blog, you can support us by:
- Stay connected to: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube
- Subscribe email to recieve new posts from us: Sign up now.
- Start your own blog with SSD VPS - Free Let's Encrypt SSL ($2.5/month).
- Become a Supporter - Make a contribution via PayPal.
- Support us by purchasing Ribbon Lite Child theme being using on this website.
We are thankful for your support.