DanieBlog - How to add rel nofollow to WordPress menu? If you want to create a menu item in WordPress, it points to an external web page. You do not want Google to go astray, go index for this site. You will have to find a way to add rel nofollow for this menu item.
Activate rel nofollow with the Link Relationship option
In WordPress support an option for the menu helps you to have the necessary rel for the link. The option is called Link Relationship. Go to the menu, click on the Screen Options button. Select Enable Link Relationship (XFN) and Link Target.
- Link Relationship: support you can add rel attribute that you want on the link. Here, we want to add the rel nofollow, so google does not index that link.
- Link Target: lets you open links in new tabs. It is equivalent to the HTML code
target = "_blank". We want external links to be opened in new tabs in the browser.
Add rel nofollow to menu item
After you have activated Link Relationship and Link Target. To add the rel nofollow to the item in the WordPress menu, open the menu item you want to set. Click on Open link in a new tab and add the nofollow value to the Link Relationship (XFN) line as shown below.
Check the result
Now open up the site, right click on the menu that just added rel nofollow and select Inspect.
If your results look like the image above then congratulations on adding nofollow rel to the menu item in WordPress successfully.If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.
If you appreciate what we share in this blog, you can support us by:
- Stay connected to: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube
- Subscribe email to recieve new posts from us: Sign up now.
- Start your own blog with SSD VPS - Free Let's Encrypt SSL ($2.5/month).
- Become a Supporter - Make a contribution via PayPal.
- Support us by purchasing Ribbon Lite Child theme being using on this website.
We are thankful for your support.